Popular Posts

Watercolor Wednesdays - Sunflower

>> Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Watercolor on 140lb Canson Cold Press Paper
Welcome to Watercolor Wednesdays! Hope your week is off to a good start.  This has been a very good week for me so far, I got the job as a cake decorator at Walmart.  Not the perfect job but something that I love to do and in this economy, I'm just happy to be employed again.  I did a watercolor sketch of a sunflower in my field sketch book the other day and I didn't hate the outcome but wasn't happy with the background.  I tried doing another on Monday and it was a complete disaster.  So I figured I'd give it a go one more time.  There really is something to be said about the whole practice makes perfect.  Not that this is perfect by any means, but it's the first painting I've ever liked enough to sign (yay me!).  And the best part is....I've sold it! The very first piece of art that I've ever sold!  To a family member, but it still counts!

The colors are slightly more subtle in real life but I love it. I think I need to play with the white balance on my camera as most of the pics I've taken recently seem a little too dark and I've been taking them in indirect light outside so they should be slightly brighter.  I really need to get the book out and learn alot of other things about the camera too but you know how that goes.

If you would like to link up to Watercolor Wednesdays sign up with Mr. Linky below and be sure to post the link directly to your post as opposed to your home page.  Don't forget to grab the button on the right and share with your blogging friends.


4 Wonderfully Stated Opinions!:

Netty April 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM  

congratulations on getting the job, woo hoo. Loving your fabulous painting and can see why it sold so quickly, hugs Annette x

Maria Medeiros April 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM  

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! :D I wish you all the best! :D Lovely art work!! I thought today was Wed. lol i made a piece for watercolor wednesday! :D I'm so happy for you! :D Have fun! :D

Unknown April 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM  

Lovely sunflower! And awesome that a family member actually PAID for it!! :) :)

Unknown April 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM  

That Sunflower of yours is totally breath taking, colours are fabulous!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, posts and artwork!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

All artwork contained in this blog are original works by Deanna Millard unless otherwise stated.

Challenge Yourself

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP